Tamsier Joof was seating in for Mamadou Fall, the regular presenter. You can listen to this show weekly on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 23:00 pm to 1:00am.
Date of first broadcast on Seereer Radio : Monday, 4th April 2016
Time : 23:00 PM - 1:00AM
Presenter : Tamsier Joof
Source language : Wolof andEnglish
Subjects covered :
Guantanamo Bay by the United States government after serving 14 years for terrorism. Tamsier would like to know :
- what the Senegalese people have to say about this?
- should Senegal have accepted these two men?
- why didn’t the American government, the government which imprisoned them took them back and grant them right to remain in the U.S.?
- why weren’t they sent back to their country of origin – Libya?
- is it safe to have these two men running around in Senegal, considering the fact they were accused and imprisoned for acts of terrorism?
- is Senegal being used as a dumping ground by the U.S.?
- who is going to pay for these two men other than the Senegalese people through their taxes? The Senegalese government would have to find a home for them and feed them until they are able to get back on their feet. Should Senegalese taxpayers’ money be going to these people when there are plenty of Senegalese living below the poverty line?
Radio program : Open Mike
Radio station : Seereer Radio
Owner : The SeereerResource Centre (SRC) and Seereer Radio
Date of recording : Monday, 4th April 2016
Medium : Audio recording
Note : You can have your say about this audio by leaving a comment below. Keep it clean and relevant.
The Seereer Resource Centre (SRC) - www.seereer.org